|Nagios, PNP4Nagios and Nagrestconf on a Synology Diskstation NAS Box|
The Synagios package includes Nagios, Pnp4nagios and Nagrestconf. The x86 version was tested on a Synology Diskstation DS412+, DSM 4.3 to 5.2, Intel Atom and the arm version was tested on a DS112 with 256MB RAM, but lots of people use it on many different models.
Get the Synagios package file (.spk) from http://nagrestconf.smorg.co.uk/downloads.html and be sure to read the Install Guide to make sure you get the right package - it's short.
|The nagios interface - runs on port 8888|
|PNP4Nagios graphs - by pressing the graph icon in Nagios|
Why put it on a Synology Diskstation?
- Because the Diskstation is always on.
- With this package it's easy to get Nagios running quickly.
- The example configuration, available for download separately, monitors many important parts of your Diskstation. This way you can find out when your Diskstation is working too hard.
- It's lightweight, with no Relational Database.
- It has a REST interface for automation. It can be used for automating monitoring for the home or the office, and there are a packages available for other popular Operating Systems such as Centos, Redhat, Ubuntu and Debian.